Preparing for 2018!
I can’t believe 2018 is practically upon us! How did this happen? Where did all the time go?
I don’t know if like me many of you still have lists of undone items for the year. Recently I had an office day to catch up on things and when asked what I got done, I advised I had managed to spend all day organizing myself enough to finally have a solid list on what I needed to do!
So many of us fall in the trap of too much to do and too little time! While I may not yet have found the solution to this yet…. and am always open to suggestions, I challenge you this holiday season to slow down, breathe and take in the splendor of the season. I plan to spend my time the rest of 2016 enjoying the season! I am going to cherish all the opportunities that arise to spend with family and friends and create many new memories!
In order to actually practice my ability to RELAX this holiday season – here is my final ‘to do’ list of the year 🙂
- Sleep at night policy – I have ensured all my tenant files are in order, including electronic copies of both tenant insurance policies and home owner policies are accessible no matter where I may be
- Back up support – yes I am asking for help! I am still here to help you too, but I have put a plan in place for other supports to be in place when focusing on personal time
- Tenant Communication – I have set time to chat and meet with tenants prior to the holidays as an opportunity to connect and update on who is around and who is away
- IT – I have put systems in place to ensure messages get through that need to, and those that can wait can be left for the New Year
- Yard maintenance – This one has been a bit of a contentious subject for us this year – so I have salt delivered, conversations with tenants as well as back-up snow removal plan as necessary!
Now to breathe easy, or at least somewhat of a sigh of relief! I love working with people and even more during the holiday season! Don’t let your ‘to do’ list get a hold of you! Wishing everyone a fabulous holiday season and all the best for the New Year! Enjoy creating new memories and spending valuable time with family and friends this season. Make time to do more of what you love in 2018!
Feel free to contact us for any assistance, We are always happy to assist with providing efficient solutions to keep your properties and business safe!
Happy Holidays and all the best for 2018!